Re-Opening Gyms Safely
We’re working closely with our advisory body, UK Active, and a number of other gym chains to follow a safe re-opening framework set out for the leisure industry.
IN ENGLAND – Due to the second national lockdown we temporarily closed all of our English gyms on 5th November but we are able to re-open on Wednesday 2nd December. No payments were taken during closure. You don’t need to do anything, we’ll reactivate your membership, and payments will resume on your usual Direct Debit date. If your payment went out in early November, we wont take your next payment until January 2021. Classes will be temporarily suspended for gyms in Tier 3 areas.
IN SCOTLAND – Xercise4Less Dundee, Edinburgh and falkirk remain open however, due to the restrictions imposed by the Scottish Government, group exercise classes are temporarily suspended. We apologise for any inconvenience caused but we’ll have classes back up and running as soon as we are permitted. The rest of the gym is open for you to use. X4L Gyms in Cumbernauld, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Livingston and Renfrew are temporarily closed from 6pm on Friday 20th November due to moving to Level 4.
IN WALES – Our Welsh gyms re-opened at 6am on Monday 9th November.
For our English members:
For our Scottish and Welsh members:
Re-Opening Safely in England, Wales and Scotland
Now that our doors are open again, we wanted to let you know what to expect at the gym. We’ve made some changes but rest assured, we’ll still be providing members with a great value gym experience that allows you to train safely.
- Adjusted our gym layout and changing facilities to accommodate social distancing
- Reducing the capacity of our group exercise classes
- Added cleaning stations around the gym, where you can use sanitised wipes to clean equipment before & after use
- Deep cleaned all clubs before re-opening and introducing additional cleaning steps in frequently contacted areas
- Added Perspex screens to our reception areas to help keep both you and our teams safe
- Placed down floor markings to remind members to keep a safe social distance whilst in the gym
We understand that you might still have some questions regarding re-opening and the changes so head over to our dedicated information page for more information.