Smash your 2020 Fitness Goals
If you set yourself a challenge to reduce your body fat and to become leaner in 2020, we want to help you keep working towards that goal. Body fat can sometimes be stubborn and really mess up your body confidence but by altering your diet and training, you’ll soon be burning excess body fat and feeling healthier and happier.
Keep reading to read our advice all about how you can burn body fat at home until you’re back in the gym using our wide range of quality equipment and facilities.
Mix Up Your Diet and Training
There may be lots of different factors that contribute towards your fat gain, but the main two tend to be diet and lifestyle. Once you’ve mastered some, or all, of these changes, you’ll really boost your fitness and smash your goals:
- Clean Your Diet – Nutrition is essential to help you live a healthier and happier life. By eating healthier foods, you’ll notice that your body shreds weight and body fat a lot quicker. This doesn’t mean that you need to live on salads and follow fad diets but you should try to limit junk food and takeaways and increase the amount of fresh and protein-rich foods that you’re eating.
- Try HiiT Training – HiiT stands for High Intensity Interval Training and it’s tough but very rewarding. HiiT workouts involve working for 40-60 second intervals followed by a 10-20 second rest. This low rest time keeps your heart rate high which means that you’re burning calories and body fat at a quicker rate, especially with exercises like burpees, mountain climbers and jumping jacks. As HiiT workouts are short, they prevent you from getting bored and keep exercise fun!
- Do More Cardio – To help reduce the amount of body fat that you have in your body, you need to do regular cardio training. It doesn’t matter if you’re not a strong runner or swimmer; you can go for long walks or climb the stairs in your house for 15-20 minutes a day instead. However, the more intense cardiovascular training that you do, the more of an impact it will have on your fat burning results.
Weights Are Your Friend!
People sometimes tend to shy away from free weights equipment such as dumbbells, barbells and kettlebells when it comes to weight loss and fat burn but using them will help you see amazing results.
- Low Weights, High Reps – To use weights purely for weight loss and fat burn, drop the to a low weight and perform a higher number of reps. For example, instead of a heavy kettlebell that will help with muscle growth, instead use a lighter one and aim to complete 20-30 kettlebell swings or barbell squats. This type of training when performed regularly will help you achieve your desired results.
- Perform Compound Exercises – Compound exercises are ones that use multiple muscles/muscle groups at one time. This of course requires more energy and work from your body which means that your body is burning more calories and body fat. Some examples of compound exercises are deadlifts, squats, pull ups and bench press. If you’re new to this type of training, ease yourself into it and always ensure that your form is correct to prevent any injury.
Exercise at Home with Xercise4Less Gyms
Whilst you might be missing your favourite piece of equipment from your Xercise4Less gym, use this time to try new things and mix up your typical training routine. There are lots of different types of training that can help you burn body fat and whilst you’re at home.
We’ve put together a wide range of @Home Workouts that you can complete in the comfort of your own home/garden. There is something for everyone – any ability, any fitness goal, any age – so whilst our gyms are temporarily closed, give one of them a try and see how it goes. You might just fall in love with a type of training that you never tried before.
We’re also offering our members exclusive access to a number of Live Stream and On-Demand group exercises classes with everything from Zumba and Les Mills Body Combat to PiYo, Yoga and Children’s Taekwondo. Come and join our expert personal trainers today as they take you through our classes exactly as you’d do them in the gym.
Join Xercise4Less Gyms Today